Saturday 21 July 2018

Pola appams



This was actually  recipe for the ramadan but some reasons i couldn't do it. But after a lot of  mind boggling i just gave a go for it . 'Just post it 'my inner self said I love steamed food and for that one reason my ramadan was mostly oil free iftar items .  So I thought, instead of giving a long break for this recipe till next year  , I will give a try now itself. I have taken a loooong break from blogging and now restarting it all from scratch is like pulling the zip from my back.! I wasn’t sure how and when i will will reach to point where  I am going to handle it like a easy peasy  but i want to do it like a pro ...to do it, running smooth like others .

I am not sure but this is a long forgotten recipe by many .... correct me if I am wrong . Pola appam is usually breakfast for us and we love to have it with coconut milk sugar and bananas. They are a size larger than the idlies and so one will be mostly enough for one.
Pola appam  is my  long time awaited recipe. . When i started blogging i hunted for the recipe but many had to say it was a tough process in making . And yes it was ! . But then a friend sent me homemade ones and i just loved it... emm we always had it ordered from a restaurant ..  so one day she sent me the recipe and thats it i was pola making the whole month ..  for dinner too with chicken stew .

Ingredients

2 cups raw rice
2 cup boiled rice
1/2 teaspoon urad dal
1/2 teaspoon yeast
Salt to taste .
1 teaspoon sugar
Coconut water

Method

Soak the rice and urad dal over night .
Grind all the ingredients and ferment for 4 to 5  hours .
Steam cook in greased pans ( large idli pans will do.) Till done .
Serve warm or cold .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...