Wednesday 14 November 2018

Manakeesh,| ARABIC DISHES


I just wish to  jump into a pool. I love swimming . It simply let's you go of everything that just brainstorming.  I have been on  stress, my usual time partner and anxiety that always has a way with me.We are given the best by our master and still we are not able to understand its value . The stress really churns us upsides down in tummy and we end up leaving everything we put be to do further. For me my only  stress reliever is my kitchen and cooking .
I love baking and always have enjoyed it ever since i was young . While I posted chicken mandi recipe  , I had an array of dishes to make for this  month . So far, the process has been slow but steady. I am slowly wakening to try a few new and old dishes that are not yet on my space .  Very dearly you will find a couple of arabian dishes featuring on the blog  in the coming posts . 


I was introduced to Manakeesh by our Egyptian friend  . Actually i didnt like it at first . It was too salty for me .  That was when the bread festival at cornish bakes happened and I got my first bite of this dish. Mashallah it was so delicious  I ended up eating  and bought a whole bunch for dinner that night . That little portion that our friend gave us was a little mistake of overdose of salt . Realized myself then  From then, I had been wanting to make this at home and i found  manakeesh and cheese combo are my favorite. 

Ingredients
  • 3 and 1/2 cups all purpose  flour 
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • A pinch salt 
  • 1 teaspoon  yeast
  • 2 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 and 1/2 cup lukewarm water
  • Zatar paste
  • 1/2 cup olive oil 
  • 1/2 cup zatar

Method 

  • Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix  well . 
  • Add olive oil and water and knead well  to smooth dough . Cover for one hour . 
  • Mix zatar and olive to paste. Keep aside.
  • After it has risen to  double the size, make small patties gently with hand, size of the inner palm .
  • Add a tablespoon of zatar paste to one flattened dough . And spread grated cheese to the other . 
  • I made 10 zatar and 10 cheese manakeesh each. 
  • Bake for 5 to 10 minutes at 200 degree c.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...