Sunday 19 May 2019

Chicken broth soup/Ramadan recipes


This spicy and yet light on your tummy is really delicious. And I wish I and made more . This was an accidental item on the table . As my mom was making fresh boneless chicken, she never discards any bones. Throw all  in with carrots, onions, tomatoes and what ever you feel like into vessel and boil till reduced water content . And Masha Allah I will have to get back to making more of it again. It was that fun having it for iftar.
Here's my recipe for this Ramadan recipe.

Ingredients

1 chicken with bones only.
1 small piece carrot
1 teaspoon diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon diced onions
1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
1 teaspoon butter .
Salt to taste
1 piece cinnamon stick
4 cups water.


Method.
Dump all the ingredients into a cooker and let the whistle go for one and then open and simmer till water is reduced to half quantity.
I didn't add any thickening agents like cornflour or oats .
You can add if you want it thicker
This soup is a bit runny so go for it as I had it 
Serve with fried croutons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...