Friday 3 January 2020

Ney Adda/ layered nutty pancakes



I have my recipe for the year on the first post . I don't know how but I love to start everything with sweets . My mind is dwindling on lot of things .I love baking and I will be putting up few of the here also. Last year was really hectic . I had health issues with weight gains and I started to 'Instagram ' a lot. I kept my time limit though, with help of few apps online.
This year I am focusing on same as such as going back to getting slim and losing all chubbiness around my waist line.  , Also I want to do a lot for the blog. As working from office is hectic at times.  I manage to make  healthy meals for my family as much as I can.
Today's recipe is an ancient recipe by all ways.

It is baked pancakes in layers for the 'puthyapila' or newly weds. It's given for breakfasts and as snacks for chai. It's loaded with nuts and eggs and it's loved by all the members of the family. It's something like a pola and egg filled pathiri,but this is ,it's filled with nuts and not eggs or any savoury ingredients. The most loved is this recipe which I am posting here. Some people add scrambled eggs to the layers ...but I didn't make it that way as I am not a lover of too many eggs I my meal . If your in a hurry and want to give your kids a good breakfast ,this is an healthy option too.
This recipe is special to my part of the world . It's served as a delicacy to the groom who enters the house on the day after the wedding.
I wouldn't recommend any variations to the recipe because some recipes are not worth changing at all. Please add cashews and raisins only ..I tired with walnuts at it wasn't satisfying at all. My mom who is that kind of person who follows strictly to her ancient recipes and never changes them  , told me not to add anything new.. well she was right .
So here's the recipe and do comment below ...

Ingredients
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
  • 1/2 cup cashews and currents crushed.
  • Ghee

Method
  • Beat the eggs and sugar in mixer grinder and add the cardamom powder. Keep aside.
  • Beat the plain flour ,milk and salt . Also keep aside separately.
  • Now take a non-stick pan . Spread one teaspoon ghee generously all sides of the pan.
  • Pour one laddle of flour batter on low flame. cover cook till half set . After two minutes add another laddle of egg batter . Cover cook till set for two minutes.
  • Next add a layer of nuts .
  • Repeat by adding another laddle of flour batter cover cook till set for 2 minutes .
  • Repeat with egg batter again . Layer the nuts.
  • Keep repeating these steps till your ingredients are over .
  • Last Finish off with egg batter pour on all sides.
  • While cooking the Adda , cook on low flame careful not to burn the bottom.
  • Last take a frying pan,add a teaspoon of ghee and flip the Adda too cook the top side .
  • After two minutes take out.
  • On cooling ,serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...