Tuesday 2 July 2019

Almond cookies




Cookie day and the beginning of a new month this year .Without much happening these days we had minimal cooking day today but that goes without saying how as much as I enjoy cooking, but some days I really temper my mood down that you do not want to do anything at Home for the many  days to come! So today  I am thinking of something light  at home  for dinner rather than something home made… but also its rainy season we would prefer to have warm soup or cozy ginger tea .

My kids love cookies, munchers! They love to munch on biscuits, chips and cookies any time my pantry has always stock of whatever they like. Nowadays, I am trying to push myself to bake them at home, so that I know what they are eating is home made and free of preservatives, cakes and  cookies are always welcome here.I had eyed these almond cookies for a long time now , and I have baked these a couple of times. I kept it in a little jar inside my hidding place that's  in my kitchen store as I knew the minute they get hands on it it will vanish in no time . Yes, it had disappeared by the time I was back from office, As guests have come form my uncle's place it was served with along the other kaddis and they were delighted . Packed and given off too.  I would hopefully bake them again…

Ingredients:

300 gms or  3 cup flour
200 gm butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar-1 cup
1/2 cup Cashew powder
1/2 cup almond powder
2 teaspoon Baking powder-2 tsp
2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cold Egg

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
In a large  bowl beat together butter,sugar and vanilla till well combined.Add in egg and mix well.
Now add in almond and cashew powder and mix well.
Add in the flour,baking powder and mix till it gets combined and forms a soft ball.
Divide to equal sized balls and place them  on a well oiled baking tray. Centre each cookies with a almond  piece.
Put in oven and let  bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown.
Remove it from the oven and let it cool in the wire rack for 30 min.
Store in air tight container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...