Saturday 1 February 2020

Icecream souffle


This dessert has no ice cream to it and is must say I had  made many sweets but this in particular is special , as it turns out that this is one of my mother's first dessert to be served in a tray. Mom was  a sweet kind of person in both ways . But now she has lesft it all behind once she turned diabetic. She  loves to cook once in a while now as I have taken her shoes through this blog. I don't like to cook daily stuffs . I plan and do things accordingly like  plan for week and get  the stuffs and cook a good home cooked meal for the family. Mom still makes some savoury but desserts are a big 'no' to her menu. If she like something she will tell me and I would make modifications and try them out too.  I love simple sweets that I cook up fast for dinners and luck too. Basically we need something sweet for lunch as dinners are leftovers of lunch. And as mom is diabetic I have cut down down on my intake of sugary stuffs . Tea and coffee is on the sugar free list for me …

But come to this of this souffle I never bothered to add it to the blog. Zehna who loves to cook some meals at time would definitely like to see this recipe in my blog too. What's amazing about the dish is it's has very few ingredients and no issues of any kind. It will set on time . But many of you  readers will be a little set back on hearing that the egg whites are added to hot milk only once it is poured into the pudding tray. There si nothing awkward in this .I guarantee you it's absolutely fine and tastes amazing.. actually I love souffle more than to puddings . This is the only thing that has to be remembered and others are so easy . So...

Off to this recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 litre milk
  • 1 Tin milkmaid
  • 2 tablespoon gelatin soaked in 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 egg whites
  • Vanilla essence

Method
  • Soak the gelatin in warm water to bloom
  • Heat milk to boiling point.
  • Add the milkmaid
  • Add the gelatin mix.
  • Simmer for ten minutes.
  • Pour to dish,set aside.
  • Beat the egg whites to fluffy ,add the essence.
  • Now dip the egg whites on the hot pudding milk mixture.
  • Keep dipping the egg whites softly into the milk mixture. After some time of dipping , place the souffle to chill for four hours minimum ...or freeze for 1 hour .
  • Add sugar to hot pan and make caramel .
  • Place the cashews on a foil and pour hot caramel onto the nuts . Let it set. Do not touch with fingers to burn !
  • Crush with pestle and add to top the set souffle.
  • Serve cold
  • Note the egg whites should be added to hot milk only.
  • It will get cooked at this stage . No worries of having raw eggs at all,👌and it's all cooked on hot souffle base .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...