Monday 17 February 2020

Orange loaf cake


There was time when I wanted to start a bakery shop and my husband was almost sure of it too. That's how I love the world of baking . Before the blog happened I baked almost many recipes. But I know there are many homebakers who create so exotic pastry stuffs that I feel so awed at their recipes. . In my Malabar area, we have all the nadan kumsi and tea cakes that are so soft and filling. And one must wonder there are still some recipes that are still yet to discover too. Especially I love baking with fruits like pineapples,berries and especially oranges and the season of oranges are in,  flooding the Market with all types of varieties make me think of baking a nice buttery cake .

 I have seen how the same are used for baking . I wouldn't suggest using sour oranges for this particular recipe that I am going to present below . It is awesome snack for morning tea . AJ loves soft buttery cakes and this he thoroughly enjoyed too. It is easy and ofcourse all bakes ae easy and no fail recipe too. This is close to normal ghee cakes that you get in the bakeries.

 Buying fresh juicy oranges that are sugary in taste is a must for bakes. I was a little sceptical about this fact . Willy cake turn sour or will it be dry. Adding orange juice is the neat trick to get the buttery loaf cake to immerse your hearts.

 Ingredients
3 large eggs
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup  salted butter
1 large juicy orange and it's zest to be taken


Method
Preheat the oven to  180 c  and grease a loaf pan
In a large bowl ,beat eggs and sugar till frothy
Next is to add  the dry ingredients slowly and gently stir well.
Pour the melted butter and stir gently.
Add orange juice and zest
Pour into the buttered prepared pans and bake for  40 minutes and check of it's done.
Baking times may vary depending on the oven.
Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
This entry was posted in

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...