Monday 3 February 2020

Sweet potato balls


All morning I wanted to try a laddoo. I did once and was not so happy with it . So I gave up the  idea and mom was complaining at the same time as to how much .My husband has the habit of bringing large quantities of sweet potatoes and tapioca both together as it the season The market is loaded these veggies. I like only tapioca and  the smell of the sweet potatoes make me crazy. I don't know what's it that's making me so uncomfortable with this . As this is one vegetable that is rich in calcium and potassium and also a very huge part is carbohydrate content in it, my son who is so very lean ,but healthy of course, loves theses balls.

So I had a lot of these in my pantry and it's easy to make them whenever I can. I made for tea . As I have been a proactive kind ,I wanted to store this recipe in my blog and it was a quick one to blog also. Yesterday , o made a batch he and his friends just loved it . Well this was the only way I can get rid of it. So today I made the whole thing .and not a single piece left too. All just loved to munch on it.  While i had junk chips and chai kids had sent potatoes.
Sigh I wish I had done better in life . I am putting in on so much weight, which is bothering me a lot too. Better late than ever I have to do something soon...
Since this is a local recipe , I didn't not know how many would like it . But it turns out well and easy for tiffin's too so hop on the recipe and give it a try ...
Here's the recipe...

Ingredients
  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 1/2 cup coconut shreds
  • 1/4 cup sugar ( if needed)

Method
  • Pressure cook the sweet potatoes for two whistle or till done .
  • Mash the potatoes and mix the coconut shreds and sugar.
  • Make balls and serve .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...