Friday 20 September 2019

Pumpkin lentil curry\ Mathanga errisery


September is just flying out  for me and after speculating  a bit,  I decided to post  some simple recipes from curries to desserts . The only day regret is  when I fail to prepare snacks for kids.  I have a three' bunch 'and I am finding it so much a havoc here. I personally don't like my kids having anything deep fried so I try to make a filling lunch with desserts included. It  is the only way I find it easy . I normally don’t tend to repeat the curries , this time I made their favourite rasam and errishery as all love pumpkin here and with lentils they love it even more , well enough to keep their hunger pranks down a bit. The version that I made is not very thick  but not so thin too , as I would have the left over for chapathis at night.
Sometimes it is difficult for me to geek out on  what to prep for the meal courses , what to cook and not to , reason being i have three different tasters and it's really not at all helpful.
I guess that happens with everybody but very rare if it's three different kids' taste budsī¤”.  … So in order to ease my  tension, I ask all three what they want and tell them to choose from  scratch that will be loved by all,which is also challenging for me . Now I have to make a weekly meal plan of four course meals with three different varieties.

So today's curry is usually in my favorite too , most of the time, I prepare it . My younger one loves pumpkins . Even though I don’t make it frequently, when he wants to have that craving Yellow curry  with lots of  lentils in it I always make it a point to get one nice medium pumpkin in my pantry. This curry is apt to make when you don’t have fresh fish for lunch or even dinner . Eras we all call it erisserry, in the thick curry form is quite  easier for dinner and I can go with chapathis and if necessary a fry which is a must for Aj...
INGREDIENTS :
1 cup Yellow Pumpkin /Mathanga (diced)
1/2 cup cherru  payar/ Green gram lentils
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder /Manjal podi
Salt to taste
To Grind :
1-2 Small Onion /Shallots : 1-2
3-4 Green Chillies
1/2 cup rated Coconut
1/2 teapsoon Cumin Seeds
For Tempering :
2 nos.Dry Red Chillies
4 tablespoon Grated Coconut
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
Method.
Soak  grams for one hour; pressure cook the with enough water, turmeric powder and salt for 4-5 whistle. After the pressure settles open the cooker.
Next add the  Chunky pumpkin pieces and cook  till it turns to soft and tender
Then Madhu slightly. After its done . .
Make a paste with grated coconut, cumin seeds, green chillies and small onions with little water. 
next is to Add this ground coconut paste and mix wellth with pumpkin and lentils.
Heat a tsp of oil in a pan , and start to temper. The add mustard seeds , add dry red chillies, grated coconut and curry leaves and fry golden brown.
Pour this hot tempering and drizzle ½ tsp of coconut oil over the gravy, mix well and adjust the salt.
Serve with hot rice .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...