Monday 19 August 2019

Beetroot pachadi



I love the colour actually and I had mentioned in some post that my first experience with beets  was not really encouraging. It was this pachadi  that I had tried first at Hindu ceremony and I instantly loved  it to the core. But I ate it like a dessert and I knew nobody would touch it and I knew everyone was gawking at me especially my umma who was so ashamed . While eating it, I sat searching of I had it on blog and it was a missed recipe amongst many.

Most of the veggies doesn’t have any change in taste when cooked . But on adding the curd it's totally different.. However, for me  I loved it with rice  Once you feel that it is good to go, go ahead with cooking it and it becomes a pretty looking like a beautiful maroon colour , ready to go into anything that you are cooking it with.

Ingredients
  • 2 beetroot shredded
  • 1 teaspoon oil
  • 1 Onion chopped finely
  • 1 green chilli slit
  • 1 sprig Curry leaves
  • 1 small piece ginger crushed
  • 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
  • 1 red chilli
  • 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 cup curd 


Method
  • Heat oil
  • Add the mustard seeds,curry leaves ginger red chilli . Stir for few seconds
  • Add the rest of the ingredients mentioned above. Except for the curd .
  • Pour 3 tablespoon water to cook the beets well.
  • Cool completely before adding the curd .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...