Friday 2 August 2019

Almond milk



The name itself is so protein reminder. isn’t it? Yes, even I was intrigued… When we were kids, we used to have this with a large banana. AJ is a total foodie and he needs a drink of this almost often so almond stock is always in our pantry so that we would get non-stop eating of nuts in variants in our house. But anything of too much is also a bane . All the way from start to finish I  still relish those days when we used to stand by catering section– so called thattu kaddas one in particular was Basheerkaas thattu peedi in Kannur and they serve the best almond milk Horlicks and boost aval shakes ”serving hot snacks  or Mutta appams and chicken  65 and we madly shamelessly eat on them like crazy! Not to mention of how much the next day we will want for more...that wouldn’t stop us from eating, hehe… though my parents have stopped such outlets . We love it and shamelessly hog along with kids .Thank god AJ  is typically foodie . When I go craving to eat, the only thing he gets me everything Mashallah. saying that should replcate one at home . How wise right?

Coming back to the recipe, for that matter I have never had the original .  Each time it turns a bit watery and my aunt who does it well she cooks to perfect and she gave me the recipe but still I was not satisfied. InShaAllah, I guess I have to push through a chance of having it from the scratch and I added and depletion of few here and there I made the way perfect it means to me . Meanwhile, I enjoy it once in a while at home so I have put on weight to this regards . Something all bloggers have to deal with …off to the recipe.


Ingredients
  1. Raw Almonds - ½ cup
  2. Water - 1 cup to 2 cups

Method
  1. Soak almonds for 1 hour.
  2. Take it in a blender and add water little by little and puree till smooth.
  3. Drain using a cheese cloth. Squeeze and extract as much milk as possible.
  4. Now toast this on a pan till it becomes dry on low flame .
  5. Take it in a blender and blend till fine. Store in a air tight container.
  6.  Almond meal can be used for baking  other recipes too

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...