Friday 2 August 2019

Easy Cooker chicken curry



If you are an avid ayurvedic person then this is the time where most folks from Kerala would go for body massage and oil therapy.  I have not mentioned till now that we are also into it. I had done it last year and it was worth it. A treatment that everyone loves. My family follow this and  our food also change along with it. As we very particular about what we have , We have special kanji that's Rice gruel with authentic masalas added to it. I hadn’t had this type of gruel but it was heavy for me and tasty too. During the initial days of my session the lady would start slow and she would try to relieve all the muscles catches and pains if any. It's done once in year and it would cure many diseases too. . .


During our chats, she would tell me how much her family would also have massage sessions . There was some  magic in her hands. I actually dozed off in between sessions .  Naturally, I was inclined to her stories of how she started this in many places and her husband who also is a trainer in kallary paittam had joined her . For those who are not familiar with it it's a Kerala Martial Art .. I would say..    She emphatically declared that it was  like the lifestyle that kids follow nowadays with too much stress and mobiles , kids too fall prey to many body aches at a young age . As she said  to me, I didn’t find anything surprising at all it was all true because I am also one of them .


I am thankful for these sessions as for those like me , I , don't like to rely too much on English medicines  in life. That give you all sorts of insights about some having after effects that could tirn out pretty bad for our body . She used to speak to me about how she joined Ayurveda treatments and had completed a course in it and  once her three kids grew up and is now working in a health centre  .Just gives us a thought  the fact that age is not a factor to achieve your success . Just go after it and you will have it .

Ingredients:
3 tablespoon oil
2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
2 Onion  large sliced  thinly
2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 spring
1 Tomato chopped finely
Salt to taste
1 kilo Chicken

For the grind
1 cup coconut grind
1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 teaspoon chicken curry Masala powder

For tempering
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon shallots chopped
1 teaspoon curry leaves
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
salt to taste .
A bunch of chopped corriander leaves .

Method:
  1. Mix all the ingredients mentioned above except for the ground ingredients.
  2. Add into the pressure cooker and mix well add 1 cup hot water.
  3. Cook in pressure cooker 
  4. cook in until  for 2 whistle. Now lower the flame and cook for 20 minutes on a low flame.
  5. Switch off the flame. After half hour open the lid .
  6. Grind the ingredients mention under ground above .
  7. Open the pressure cooker and add coriander
  8. leaves and mix well.
  9. Add the grind paste .
  10. Heat oil and add the tempering ingredients.
  11. Add to curry and it's done. 
  12. Serve hot 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...